Friday, September 23, 2011

FRESH TASTE FRIDAY --#1-- Pink Lady Ginger Crisp

It's the first day of autumn and I couldn't think of a better way to bring in the cooler weather with this refreshing juice recipe.....


I'm not sure if I'm alone here, but nothing feels cozier to me than something with cinnamon in it. Of course, apples and cinnamon are always paired together and we can't ignore all of the gallons of "fresh" apple cider that has been coating our grocery store shelves for the last few weeks or so.

I can't go too many days without fresh juice and I came up with an AWESOME recipe for a fresh beverage that you can serve to friends and family for fall parties or simply to enjoy when ever you have a sweet drink craving. I'm definitely serving it this Thanksgiving!

*Ingredients for a quart of juice

6 large pink lady apples (my favorite and they are awesome in September)
3 inches of ginger (peeled)
1 Lemon (peeled)


--->Before preparing the juice, I added a splash of nutmeg and about a teaspoon of cinnamon to the empty mason jar


Pass the lemon through the juicer first, then the ginger, then the apples. (For a larger batch just double, triple, or quadruple the amounts listed above). Once you have your quart of juice, pour it into the jar (over the spices), shake to blend the spices and chill for a bit (maybe 30 minutes) and enjoy!

I like it more as a cold refreshing drink but you can leave it out and let it stay warm for a more soothing, warming drink.


Keep JoOcing,

Ashley :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment