Wednesday, September 14, 2011

All Puffed Up ---> Pro-Inflammatory Foods




What does it mean to be comforted? It means to be soothed, to be consoled, or reassure; bring cheer to.  I don’t know about you but when I use to eat what they call “comfort foods” I felt all of the above (especially brought to cheer).  I thought  I was so happy.  I want a good juicy a.k.a  greasy cheeseburger with “Raw” onions, cheddar cheese, maybe some apple wood bacon, on a hard sesame bun, fresh cut fries with a kosher dill pickle on the side.  Or I want a pizza, or I want a NY bagel, with the homemade cream cheese.  How about this one I didn’t have time to make breakfast so I’m going to grab a doughnut because the “HOT LIGHT” is on.  All of these foods that we love, and are comforted by are HIGH PRO-INFLAMMATORY FOODS AND THEY ARE TO BE AVOIDED.  People say it’s no fun watching a football game eating veggies, or drinking a smoothie, or raw juice.   Give me some hot wings, sliders, ribs, popcorn, chips, beer, soda…..THE WORKS!!!! PRO-INFLAMMATORY AND SHOULD BE AVOIDED.   Inflammatory foods contain negative properties, which help to accelerate the aging process or otherwise cause damage.  You ever say to yourself, “I am only 35 why can’t I bend my knees without feeling excruciating pain” or “when my mother was my age she looked younger than me, what is wrong?”  someone that is a diabetic is not going to (most times) try to stop eating these high inflammatory foods, nor are their doctor’s going to fully tell them that, because they want to get that money.  A doctor’s job is for you to keep eating that food, and I will prescribe you meds to treat the disease, but it won’t HEAL THE DISEASE.  So what good is the medicine? No I am not saying stop taking the medicine, but what I am saying is STOP EATING THE INFLAMMATORY FOODS! Stay far away from pro-inflammatory foods.  One reason is to consider doing so is that: if it contains flour, and/or sugar or other sweetener, it will be pro-inflammatory.  Sugary, starchy foods are poor choices and will not only pack on excess pounds, they will make you look older than your years.  Here are a few:
Bagels
Breads, rolls, baked goods
Candy
Cake
Cookies
Cereals (except old fashioned oatmeal)
Cornstarch
Corn bread, corn muffins
Corn syrup
Crackers
Croissants
Doughnuts
EGG ROLLS (my favorite)
All Fast Food
French Fries
Fruit Juice (hey, eat the fruit instead)
Fried foods
Flour
Granola
Cheese
Honey
Hot dogs
Ice cream, frozen yogurt, Italian ices
James, jellies and preserves
Margarine
Molasses
Muffins
Noodles
Pancakes
Pastry
Pie
Pita Bread
Pizza
Pasta
Popcorn
Potatoes
Pudding
Relish
Rice
Sherbet
Shortening
Snack Foods, including: potato chips, pretzels, corn chips, rice and corn cakes, etc.
Soda
Sugar
Tacos
Tortillas
Waffles
I am not saying not to ever have a day of indulgence RAWk the JoOce Family, I am just saying that we need to use a lot of moderation.  We should not eat like it’s a holiday every day.  Reward yourself to splurge, but even in splurging don’t overdo it.  For instance find alternative snacks that will get you over the hump.  It is time we all start making life changes, so many people between the ages 14 and 40 are dropping dead.  Let’s change the course of our life and make healthy decisions by choosing good things to put into our bodies.
RAWk the JoOce,
Racquel

No comments:

Post a Comment